Many thanks to Lazonby Parish Council & John and Pat Judson for facilitating this camera's location. The village is lucky in terms of its amenities, having one church, one chapel, two pubs (the Midland Hotel and the Joiner's Arms), a primary school, retained fire station, a Lakes & Dales Co-operative supermarket and post office, livestock auction mart, swimming pool and campsite , railway station (part of the Settle-Carlisle line) and the Bell's of Lazonby bakery complex. There is also an independent wooden toy shop, Croglin Toys & Designs which is located in the old school (approx. 18th century), and an independent petrol station. The village has its own village hall with snooker club and allotments. The parish church of St. Nicholas forms a united benefice with churches at nearby Great Salkeld and Kirkoswald. The church was rebuilt in 1864-6 to a design by Anthony Salvin, at the expense of the Macleans of Lazonby Hall. A notable feature is the woodwork executed by Canon B W Wilson, Rector 1877-1920. This can be seen on the south door, north vestry door, the pulpit and the chancel, organ and tower screens. There is an imposing unornamented wheel cross at top of the graveyard, possibly 10th century. There are 4 bells hung for full-circle ringing. In recent years many new housing developments have sprung up in the village. The village today is lived in mostly by people who work in either Penrith or Carlisle. The civil parish of Lazonby contains no other villages but does include the settlements of Baronwood and Brackenbank. At Low Plains there is a mineral water bottling plant which bottles "Aqua Pura" mineral water. At one time the parish included the Chapelry of Plumpton within which were the settlements of Salkeld Gate, Brockleymoor, Plumpton Foot and Theifside. Plumpton, (or Plumpton Wall) was a chapelry or township of Lazonby until 1866.